These are the terms and conditions of Bike Tours Haarlem (Bike Tours Haarlem). Bike Tours Haarlem is located at Drossestraat 2, 2011XW Haarlem (Location), and registered with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel): 69936870.
If you have any questions, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +31 (0)23 23 40004 or by mail: Bike Tours Haarlem, Drossestraat 2, 2011XW Haarlem.
Bike Tours Haarlem reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time. You agree that the most recent version of these terms and conditions apply to your reservation order. Parties may deviate from these terms and conditions in writing.
Article 1 – General
These terms and conditions apply to every reservation or order between Bike Tours Haarlem and you (Group Leader). Bike Tours Haarlem shall send you these terms and conditions at your request, free of charge. You can also find them on www.biketourshaarlem.com (Website), our Location and filed at the Chamber of Commerce.
Article 2 – Booking
- At Bike Tours Haarlem you can rent bikes or book a bike tour. A reservation or booking (Booking) is made when the Group Leader agrees to a reservation or order in one of the following ways. The Group Leader may agree to the reservation or order by booking online, booking by phone, booking via a related partner of Bike Tours Haarlem (Partner) or by booking at Location. An online Booking is final when the booking form is filled out and sent to us through our Website.
- A Booking by phone is final after the Group Leader confirmed the booking by phone and we send a confirmation via e-mail to the Group Leader.
- A Booking at Location or via a Partner is final after the booking form is filled out.
- The Group Leader is responsible that the provided information of the booking form is complete and correct.
- The Group Leader is responsible for the participants of a booked bike tour or co-renters of bikes as set out in these terms and conditions.
- The services of Bike Tours Haarlem are only accessible to minors with permission of their supervisor, parents or legal guardian. Bike Tours
- Haarlem may assume that the previous mentioned permission is given when you accept these terms and conditions with respect to minors. Bike Tours Haarlem assumes that it is common practice to use the services independently to minors of 14 years and older. Bike Tours Haarlem may expect that permission is given in that situation.
- If a service of Bike Tours Haarlem is booked via a Partner, the terms and conditions of Bike Tours Haarlem still apply to the that Booking.
Article 3 – Price
- All prices for tours and rental are indicated on the Website. These prices are leading and subject to any mistakes or errors.
- Prices listed on the Website may change after a Booking is made in case of unforeseen and cost price increasing circumstances, and if these circumstances occur after the Booking or reservation is made.
Article 4 – Payment and Collection Charges
- Reservations for ‘Open Bike Tours’ can be paid at Location.
- Reservations for ‘Private Bike Tours’ and rental bikes must at all times be paid immediately, and no later than 4 weeks before the date of the tour or rental.
- Payments at Location can be paid cash or by card. In case of a booking in advance payment takes place by invoice.
- If the payment by the Group Leader is due but not paid, he will automatically be in default (verzuim), without a notice of default (ingebrekestelling) being required. In case of default, the Group Leader owes Bike Tours Haarlem the statutory commercial interest (if the Group Leader is a company) or the legal interest (if Group Leader is a private individual). The interest on the payable amount is calculated from the moment that the payment is due, until the moment that the payable amount has been paid by Client in full.
- Any outstanding amounts by the Group Leader are immediately payable in the following cases:
- The Group Leader fails to pay within the payment term;
- The Group Leader is declared bankrupt or applied for suspension of payments or any other insolvency procedure;
- The Group Leader (company) is dissolved or liquidated;
- The Group Leader (private individual) is placed under legal guardianship or deceased.
- If the Group Leader is in default, he will owe Bike Tours Haarlem all extrajudicial costs. In case of an invoice amount up to €267, these costs will be €40. In case of a higher invoice amount, the maximum collection fees are as follows:
- 15% on the first €2500;
- 10% on the part that remains thereafter, up to €5000;
- 5% on the part that remains thereafter, up to €10.000;
- 1% on the part that remains thereafter, to tot €200.000;
- 0,5% on the remaining part.
Article 5 – Bike tours
- Bike Tours Haarlem reserves the right to change the dates and routes of bike tours.
- ‘Open Bike Tours’ are bike tours on fixed times and fixed dates. During these tours anyone can participate. This means your group may not be the only one participating in the tour. Requests for bigger groups become automatically ‘Private Bike Tours’. This will be indicated in the booking process.
- ‘Private Bike Tours’ are always solely with your own group. Guides or other employees of Bike Tours Haarlem may join a private bike tour for training purposes only.
Article 6 – Bike use / rental
- The Group Leader, participants of a tour or bike renters must make sure that the bikes are in good condition at the beginning of a tour or rental and must return the bikes in the same condition.
- if you rent a bike without participating to a bike tour, either a deposit of €50,- must be paid per bike to Bike Tours Haarlem prior to the rental, or the Group Leader must leave his or her identification (driving license/ID-card/passport) at the Location prior to the rental.
- After the bikes are returned in good condition on the agreed date and time, the deposit will be paid in cash or by wire transfer to you or the Group Leader.
- The bikes should at all times be locked with the two locks provided by Bike Tours Haarlem. The chain-lock must be attached to a fixed object.
- Bike Tours Haarlem will withhold €25 of the deposit if a key of a lock is lost. If no deposit is paid, for example in the case of a bike tour, these costs are charged afterwards.
- In case of theft, the Group Leader is required to file a report with the police and inform Bike Tours Haarlem immediately by phone: +31 (0)23 23 40004. The original bike price will be charged.
- If a bike is returned before the arranged date and time of the Booking, no refunds will be given.
- If a bike is returned after the arranged date and time of the Booking, €25 per day per bike will be charged.
- In case damage occurred during the rental period or during a tour and the amount of the damage is higher than the deposit, the Group Leader must pay the difference immediately. If the damage is equal to or less than the deposit, the damage will be withheld on the deposit. The Group Leader must report any damage or accidents immediately by phone: +31 (0)23 23 40004 to Bike Tours Haarlem and at least while returning the bike.
- In the event of a flat tire, faulty chain or other conventional defect, the Group Leader must return the bike to Bike Tours Haarlem. Please contact Bike Tours Haarlem by phone via: +31 (0)23 23 40004.
- The Group Leader is responsible to comply to all Dutch (traffic-)laws. Fines are in all cases on your own account.
- Bike Tours Haarlem has no insurance with respect to accidents and thefts. The Group Leader must be aware of this and ay take care of it himself.
- If you would like to cancel your Booking, please contact our office (in advance of the tour or rental) as soon as possible by phone via: +31 (0)23 23 40004.
- Cancellation of the ‘Open Bike Tour’ is free of charge.
- Cancellation of a ‘Private Bike Tour’ or a ‘Package’ up to 10 participants is free of charge until 24 hours prior to the Booking. Within 24 hours before the Booking we will charge 50% of the total costs. For more than 10 participants we don’t charge a cancellation fee until 4 weeks in advance. Within 4 weeks we will charge 50% of the total costs.
- For reservations up to 10 rental bikes we do not charge a cancellation fee until 24 hours before the start of your reservation. Within 24 hours we will charge 50% of the total costs. For reservations of more than 10 bikes we don’t charge a cancellation fee until 4 weeks in advance. Within 4 weeks we will charge 50% of the total costs.
Article 8 – Suspension, Dissolution
- Bike Tours Haarlem may suspend the execution of the Booking if they cannot comply because of force majeure.
- If the execution of the assignment is permanently impossible, parties may cancel the Booking for the part that has not been fulfilled.
- Bike Tours Haarlem may suspend or cancel the Booking if the Group Leader fails to meet its obligations, partially, completely or not in time. In such cases, the Group Leader shall compensate Bike Tours Haarlem for damages.
Article 9 – Liability
- By regular and careful maintenance, we strive to make our bikes and tours as safe as possible.
- Bike Tours Haarlem will determine if a person is able to participate in a tour or rent a bike safely. Bike Tours Haarlem may refuse a participant if they consider him/her not able to participate in a bike tour or to rent a bike ith regard to its safety.
- Despite all safety measures that are taken by us, participating in our bike tours and bike rentals are at your own and your participants risk.
- Bike Tours Haarlem is not liable for any theft, accidents or other damage as a consequence of participating to our bike tours or renting a bike, unless the damages are the result of a deliberate act or gross negligence by Bike Tours Haarlem.
- The liability of Bike Tours Haarlem shall never exceed the amount paid by the insurer of Bike Tours Haarlem. This only applies to bike tours. Individual bike rentals are excluded.
Article 10 – Indemnification
- The Group Leader indemnifies Bike Tours Haarlem from any claims by third parties for damages resulting from the execution of the services of Bike Tours Haarlem.
- If third parties address Bike Tours Haarlem to be liable for damages, the Group Leader shall support Bike Tours Haarlem both judicial and extrajudicial and the Group Leader shall do what may be expected from him.
- If the Group Leader does not provide the support described in paragraph 2, Bike Tours Haarlem may take the actions it deems required. All expenses and damages made by Bike Tours Haarlem in this respect shall be borne by the Group Leader.
Article 11 – Nullity
If any part of these conditions is void or voidable, this does not alter the validity of the remainder of these conditions. The invalid or unenforceable part shall be replaced by a provision that most closely follows the content of the invalid provision.
Article 12 – Conflicting Provisions
If any of the provisions from these terms and conditions are in conflict with a provision from an agreement, the agreement prevails.
Article 13 – Applicable Law
Article 14 – Competent Court
The Court of Amsterdam.